![]() |
| Photo is Property of Everybody's Beautiful © |
It was triggered by a smell and by the way the weather is feeling today.
It was a memory of excitement from when I was a kid. Excitement for a summer day.
There wasn't a vision of the memory, just the feeling.
It was bliss.
Upon returning to my office, I proceeded to go about my day.
Suddenly I caught a waft of pipe tobacco.
Keep in mind I work in a smoke free environment and no one in my area smokes, let alone smokes a pipe.
However, I knew immediately it was my grandfather.
It never fails.
I will either dream of him, or catch his scent prior to when I will need him the most.
Today I need him. I lost a friend to cancer yesterday. She had been battling it for some time now. It was time for her to go. It wasn't her death in particular that brought me down. It was the fact that her death served as the fourth friend or family member I lost in the past two weeks.
So yes, my grandfather came by because he knew I would need him. I would need to know it would be ok.
Granddaddy watched over me when he was alive. He continues to watch over me in death.

No comments:
Post a Comment