Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

Kara's Homemade Trail Mix


Photo is Property of Everybody's Beautiful ©
I was getting ready to go on my Family Bike Ride and realized I was out of my Bear Naked granola mix I wanted to take on the ride.
I was panicking, then I remembered I had some goodies I could throw together and take with me.
Here is my recipe for my very own trail mix...


Ingredients
3 Cups of FiberOne 80 calorie cereal (Honey Squares or Chocolate)
1-1/2 Quick Oats
1 Cup of Dry Roasted Almonds (no salt)
1/4 Cup of Honey
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
5 oz Ghiradelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips (Half a Bag)
3.5 oz Baker's Angel Flake Coconut (Half a bag)

Preparation

Heat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, combine cereal, oats and almonds.
In small bowl, combine honey and oil; mix well. Add to cereal mixture; mix well.
Spread oat mixture in single layer on 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch rimmed baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes, stirring several times during baking.
Remove from oven; stir to loosen mix from pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Stir in chocolate chips and coconut. I put mine in a Ziploc bag and shook it.
Photo is Property of Everybody's Beautiful ©
Store tightly covered.

Makes about 10 cups.

Nutrition
 Serving size: 1/4 cup
 Servings per container: Approximately 40
Calories 64 Sodium 38 mg
Total Fat 4 g Potassium 40 mg
Saturated 2 g Total Carbs 8 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 2 g
Monounsaturated 1 g Sugars 3 g
Trans 0 g Protein 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 1% Calcium 5%
Vitamin C 1% Iron 5%

No comments:

Forever

I made a comment the other day someone had me forever. The response, "I don't believe in forever. It's just hard to think tha...